Credo AI is a venture-backed company on a mission to empower organizations to deliver Responsible AI (RAI) at scale. Credo AI brings context-driven governance and risk assessment to ensure compliant, fair, transparent and auditable development and use of AI. Our goal is to move RAI development from purely an “ethical” choice to an obvious one. We aim to do this both by making it easier for organizations to integrate RAI practices into their AI development processes and by collaborating with policymakers to set up appropriate ecosystem incentives. Our ultimate goal is to reduce the inherent fairness, security, compliance, transparency, etc. risks of deploying AI systems, allowing companies to capture the tremendous benefits of AI while mitigating unintended negative consequences.
Credo AI is more than a software platform; it’s a movement to ensure that AI is in service of humanity. We are a global, remote company with expertise in building amazing software products, technical policy, social science, and, of course, AI. Our CEO and technical policy advisors have been part of the World Economic Forum, the Mozilla Foundation, and the Biden Administration. Find a bit more about us and our founder here.
At Credo AI, we believe the needs in Responsible AI are immense, so you will have the opportunity (and indeed the responsibility) for significant ownership. Join us in shaping the future of AI!
About the role
As a User Experience Researcher, you will be responsible for defining, leading, analyzing, and socializing research studies to help drive clarity and decision making at all stages of product development. You’ll work closely with product managers, designers, engineers, and other cross functional partners to shape the customer journey and user experience.
You will be responsible for understanding how customers want to engage with our products and services to improve acquisition and retention. You will explore user behaviors, motivations, and needs by conducting primary research such as interviews, card sorts, and tree tests; and you will optimize users’ end-to-end experiences with our products through usability tests and participatory design workshops. Your expertise will have a measurable, positive impact on the solutions and experiences we deliver.
You will report to the VP of Design.
What you'll be doing
Execute all aspects of research and deliver actionable insights
- Develop research plans to identify the business problem, research objectives, success metrics, methods, participants, stakeholders, and schedule
- Use a variety of methods (including in-person, remote/ moderated, remote/unmoderated, etc.) to conduct sessions
- Create recruiting screeners, test scripts, and interview guides
- Recruit participants and/or provide oversight to vendors that assist with recruitment
- Frequently plan and facilitate usability tests of wireframes, prototypes, websites, and apps
- Conduct information architecture research such as card sorts, tree tests, and first click tests to ensure our product is aligned to mental models
- Occasionally conduct discovery research such as user interviews and contextual inquiries to identify opportunities to add value to customer journeys
- Deliver Insights & Artifacts
- Collect, analyze, and code user data and synthesize findings into actionable insight reports
- Support the creation of artifacts such as user personas, journey maps, and service blueprints based on research findings
- Contribute to the team’s research repository to allow others across the company to access findings
Be prepared to share
For meaningful interviews, bring specific examples and strong opinions on these things
- Preferred research methodologies
- Workshop approaches and preferences
- Interview recruiting best practices and successes
- Recommendations on user research products and solutions
- What has worked best and worst in your job experience
What you bring to the role
- Research Passion & Advocacy
- The ability to speak persuasively and passionately about the value of the discipline and demonstrate the impact of research on business objectives
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate research, findings and recommendations in a diplomatic and persuasive manner
- A collaborative approach to working with and inspiring others across the organization
- Desire to Learn & Grow
- A growth mindset that inspires you to keep up with industry evolution, including best practices, research methods, new trends, and tools
- Passion to understand new subject matter areas (AI, ML, Ethics, Policies, Compliance)
- Ability to Evolve
- Proficiency working with remote teams and customers with modern challenges
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Product & Startup Experience
- Experience in UX research related to SaaS software & apps
- Experience with agile software teams & processes
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of related work experience (Preferred: MS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, anthropology, or related discipline)
- Familiarity with UX research tools (Dovetail, Optimal Workshop, Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, and other qual/quant tools)
- Candidate sourcing proficiency (Respondent, User Interviews, UserTesting, and similar)
- Remote collaboration experience & creative usage (Google Workspace, Airtable, Miro, Slack, FigJam)
- Design Thinking and similar processes; Human-Centered Design and similar mindsets
- Quantifiable experience working with data and machine-learning product teams
- Experience with B2B research (not just consumer) an advantage
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience in tailoring messages to various stakeholders
Benefits and Perks
- Health: We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family. We also offer an ergonomic benefit to cover the costs of equipment to help staff stay healthy while working, both in the office and at home.
- Learning: Annual learning & development stipend
- Flexible Work: As a remote company, we are flexible to work location. We also want staff to be able to work when they feel most productive. Staff are generally free to set their own schedules, with meetings the only exception.
- Time Away: Credo AI has unlimited time off. We also offer up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave, leave for bereavement, and options for unpaid leave.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected statuses.